• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket dismissed got a letter 1 mo. later DA wants to prosecute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

inspectit4u

Sounds like you'll need to defend yourself.
I received a phone call from the district attorney last week. She asked me if I could explain the case to her so she could understand it. She also warned me that Anything I said could be used against me in court. I explained to her what happened I left out all the parts that I thought were vital to my case. She also said that she wanted to look into the case and maybe remove it from the calendar. She never got back to me so I guess I will have to go to court Monday

inspectit4u

After making me wait to be the last person in court the district attorney came up and informed me they were going to be dismissing the case. She then started to lecture me on how I should act towards a police officer. I kept my mouth shut until the judge said it was dismissed he asked me if I had any questions. I said no but may address the DA . Well let's say it took 5 minutes and I told the DA what I thought of their due diligence. Throw it against the wall and see what sticks. The Judge was actually quite impressed. I made it clear that you are still innocent until proven guilty in this country. I told her I thought maybe she should break out the old law books and look them over.

inspectit4u

Since it was the last case of the day, I'm sure the judge and the DA had a nice laugh about it after you left.
I would expect that from an attorney. Even though I knew I was innocent from the very beginning they just want you in the system and your money. Not everyone can afford a lawyer. Should not have to when the DA tries to make up a charge.

inspectit4u

Yeah I should not have been the last one in court. Funny how they go in alphabetical order until they play their power trip. But that's what the DA did to make me suffer I guess.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yeah I should not have been the last one in court. Funny how they go in alphabetical order until they play their power trip. But that's what the DA did to make me suffer I guess.
SMH. Let's just say "congratulations" and be done with it :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">