• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket filled out incorrectly

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada

My son got a ticket for smoking marijuana and the police officers filled out the ticket wrong. He was driving my brother's car and the police wrote down my brother's social security number but all the other information on the ticket is my son's. Is there anyway that we can get this ticket dropped because of this?


Senior Member
The error was not an element of the offense and does not prevent your son from presenting a valid defense to the citation. I would suggest the services of a local attorney if your son wishes to contest the citation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential