• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket for stock spoiler, now going to court -- continuation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ipstudent

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

1. I have a 97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T with a factory spoiler in the rear.

2. I received a citation for this spoiler which the cop stated it was an "AFTERMARKET EXTENSION"

3a. On my plea-date, I explained to the judge -- with photos and statements from Mitsubishi Motors of America -- that the spoiler, or rear extension as the officer stated, is a factory part and complies with all laws of California. Judge stated, "Looks like you want to goto court by presenting me this evidence. I'm not going to waive this ticket."

3b. IF a cosmetic part, is stock and from the factory, and sold WITH the car as being stock, is it safe to say that it is LEGAL? The spoiler, in my humble opinion, does not obstruct my view while driving at all.

4. I had other tickets issued along with my citation for the spoiler. I would like to defer the judgement for this SPOILER ticket so that my other tickets won't go on the record.

**5. CAN I, when i goto court for the spoiler ticket, request a continuation? A discovery? What can I do to further delay this case?

Thanks much in advance.

lwpat

"IF a cosmetic part, is stock and from the factory, and sold WITH the car as being stock, is it safe to say that it is LEGAL"

No. States can pass laws making certain stock parts illegal. Perhaps you can get some help from the dealership. Also try this site since experts on CA fix it tickets hang out there. Address your post to Sgt. Grant.

http://www.sromagazine.com/boards/

"I had other tickets issued along with my citation for the spoiler. I would like to defer the judgement for this SPOILER ticket so that my other tickets won't go on the record."

Each ticket is separate and stands on its own. This is a fix-it ticket and does not go on your driving record. There is no reason to defer it.

" CAN I, when i goto court for the spoiler ticket, request a continuation?"

Yes you can but the judge will deny it since you are in court. You should arrange for a continuance at least two weeks before your court date.

"A discovery"

What do you hope to discover? The laws are available for you to research.

Depending on how many and the type of tickets you received it may be in your best interest to hire an attorney. Sounds like the officer is not happy with you for some reason or the judge would have dismissed the ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">