• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticket Parking prohibited at all times certain streets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

felipeNJ

hey guys, this is my first post :)

so two days ago i was standing in a “no parking anytime” I was waiting my friend to go to the gym. This officer passed by me, slowly pull over in front of me, he didn’t even put his emergency lights on. Came by asked DL and everything. I have my dash cam on all the time, so i can prove I was loading passager right?
cittation is 325-3C parking prohibited at all times certain streets. Long Branch NJ

if it was a “no stop or standing“ he could give me the ticket I guess. Or if the car was actually parked and nobody inside the car.

i called the city hall and schedule to go for court next Wednesday. Can you guys give some advice on this?
Thanks in advance.

PS:This was where i got the ticket

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The city code refers its definitions back to the New Jersey code at https://law.justia.com/codes/new-jersey/2013/title-39/section-39-1-1/

The definition of parking is: "Parking" means the standing or waiting on a street, road or highway of a vehicle not actually engaged in receiving or discharging passengers or merchandise, unless in obedience to traffic regulations or traffic signs or signals.

If you were in your car standing waiting for your friend, then by definition, you were parked.

felipeNJ

Okay following that line so what’s the difference between “no stop or standing” vs “No parking”. Because apparently you can’t stand in a “no standing” neither “no parking”
This is so confused look:

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You could pull up to the curb to allow somebody to immediately enter or exit your car and then pull away again in the "No Parking" zone. The definition of parking that I posted above is pretty straightforward.

ETA: From the same link I posted above: "Stopping or standing," when prohibited, means any cessation of movement of a vehicle, whether occupied or not, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with the directions of a police officer or traffic control sign or signal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">