• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ticketed for Cracked Windshield in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BobTodd

I live in Marion County, Florida and a State Trooper pulled me over for going 7mph over the speed limit and having a cracked windshield.... she gave me a warning for the speed and issued me a $116 dollar ticket for driving with a cracked windshield...
I am wondering what can I do about this?
if I get the windshield fixed do you think they would drop the ticket if i go to court and show them proof i fixed it?

will my insurance pay to replace the windshield?

will this ticket hurt my chances at getting a cdl? (i was considering getting one because i had a clean driving record and all the schools that train you to get a cdl require you have a clean driving record for the past 3 years)

the ticket is not a uhh... moving violation.. it is a florida traffic violation ticket ... she said it would not put any points on my license.... but idk if it will affect me when I apply for a CDL school...

windshield was cracked when my girlfriend was involved in a At Fault accident...

FlyingRon

From one of the court sites in Fl:

f you are charged with a violation of Florida Statute 316.2935 or 316.610 "Improper or Unsafe Equipment," you may receive a reduced penalty on these violations if you repair the defect within 30 days of the issue date. Send written proof within 30 days that the defect has been corrected. A civil penalty is required.

Other than that, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

BobTodd

thanks for the reply

i don't know exactly who or where to send proof too...
do i send it to the uhh clerk of courts?

also the accident that caused the cracked windshield was about a year ago

FlyingRon

thanks for the reply

i don't know exactly who or where to send proof too...
do i send it to the uhh clerk of courts?

also the accident that caused the cracked windshield was about a year ago
Contact the court in the county your ticket was issued in for more information.

The date it was broken isn't the issue. It's the date you were cited for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">