• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time frame for commercial evictions in New Jersey

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cincysbarbara

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? How long does an eviction take from start to finish?

ecmst12

Commercial evictions are easy. You can be locked out of the building the minute you are in breach of your contract, unless your contract specifically provides for warnings or grace periods.

cincysbarbara

Thanks for the information. My situation is a tad more complicated. I live upstairs,so I've rented the business and the apartment above the business as part of the same contract.....HELP!!I do appreciate your knowledge and I will check my contract to see if any grace periods exists...knowing my landlord,I doubt it.
Thanks again,
cincysbarbara

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">