• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

time is of the essence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chera

What is the name of your state? Ny
i have full legal and physical custody. my ex husband moved an hour away from where our children reside and he is now insisting that i am to meet him 1/2 way every time he wants visitation. is the law on my side here? shouldn't he bear the burden alone as it was his choice to move away? having a talk on sunday, need answers please!!!!

VeronicaGia

chera said:
What is the name of your state? Ny
i have full legal and physical custody. my ex husband moved an hour away from where our children reside and he is now insisting that i am to meet him 1/2 way every time he wants visitation. is the law on my side here? shouldn't he bear the burden alone as it was his choice to move away? having a talk on sunday, need answers please!!!!
What does the court order say about pick up and drop off of the kids? If the order is silent, tell him to go pound sand. How far away did you two live before he moved?

LdiJ

VeronicaGia said:
What does the court order say about pick up and drop off of the kids? If the order is silent, tell him to go pound sand. How far away did you two live before he moved?
Even if the orders are not silent on the issue you are correct, he created the distance, the transportation should be his responsibility. HOWEVER, depending on what your orders state he could make things complicated for you until you take it back to court to get new orders made.

chera

to Ldij

thank you for responding. there are no court orders, just "up" to us to figure it out but as I have full legal as well as physical what else to say? tell me right is on my side, he is coming with new wife to kick my ###

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">