• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

time limit for medical insurance claim to be filed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

janet0422

I live in NJ and just recieved a past due bill from date of service of 4/12/99. I called the company - saying you have got to be kidding, why didn't I received any statements before - they didn't know, and kept repeating "well we are sending it now". I had two insurances at that time, the first one, I find out today, didn't pay because they applied it towards my deductable. My secondary didn't pay because the first company wouldn't send the explanation of benefits to them. Nobody thought to ask me. I no longer have my 1999 medical records. The primary co. is sending me the EOB now. My question is - is there a time limit or statute of limitations for how old a medical claim is for the insurance to pay? My secondary was a HMO and I should not have to pay any more than the $15 copay. However, if this is to old for them to pay - do I have any recourse? Thank you very much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">