• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time limit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TIMOTHY2008

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA
HEY Everyone, real quick. Once a bankruptcy is finalized, Do the creditors have a time limit on which to pick up items, awarded back to the creditors?:confused:

bigun

No time limits. Unless it's a big ticket item like a car or house, most creditors just abandon the property to the detor. Used consumer products are near worthless.

TIMOTHY2008

Time limit

Hey thanks for the reply. That was kinda the way I was leaning, I'll follow up with my attorney next week. It was a small motorcycle, and I was curious. Thanks again..:)

Gregeney

I'm not sure if it applies in this case but if there is a lien on that motorcycle, it will remain even if the creditor doesn't pick up the bike.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">