• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Time served

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Amandalynncope

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania I am currently on drug court for a possession with intent to deliver for sale in 23 methadone pills it's my first drug offense I have priors but they're only retail thefts my lawyer said when I was in jail that I would probably look at 9 months or do drug court so I chose drug court I'm having a really hard time with getting in trouble for a little things and I need to find out if I opted out of the program if I would receive time served recently a drug court participant was kicked off drug court they counted his jail time and his treatment time because apparently in Pennsylvania any kind of treatment counts as time served he walks away with time served and probation so my question is technically I have 15 months time served if I left the program would I be able to not do any jail time and receive time served

quincy

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania I am currently on drug court for a possession with intent to deliver for sale in 23 methadone pills it's my first drug offense I have priors but they're only retail thefts my lawyer said when I was in jail that I would probably look at 9 months or do drug court so I chose drug court I'm having a really hard time with getting in trouble for a little things and I need to find out if I opted out of the program if I would receive time served recently a drug court participant was kicked off drug court they counted his jail time and his treatment time because apparently in Pennsylvania any kind of treatment counts as time served he walks away with time served and probation so my question is technically I have 15 months time served if I left the program would I be able to not do any jail time and receive time served
What sort of "little things" trouble have you been getting into?

FlyingRon

Understand that the "little things" you're having issues with will probably still apply if you are on formal probation. If you violate probation you can end up back in jail and "time served" will be meaningless. Further, you'll come out of this with a felony conviction which the successful drug court would have avoided. Frankly, you should knuckle down, OBEY THE LAW, and make use of the gracious opportunity the Commonwealth has given you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Your post makes it clear that you are at a high risk for recidivism. I would suggest that you put real and serious effort in to rehabilitation, not trying to find a way to avoid taking responsibility for your actions.

Amandalynncope

What sort of "little things" trouble have you been getting into?
Missing a meeting not paying fines in two bc I got a new job. I'm coming up on 3 years clean and trying to better myself but I keep hitting roadblock with them I am grateful to understand my situation may be hard for some people but I live in the Commonwealth state and If they don't like you they try ntrip you up. Just looking for advice

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's got nothing at all to do with being a Commonwealth. My advice is to not miss meetings and pay fines when they are due. If you don't omit/commit the "little things", then "they" will have nothing to get you on.

This is entirely within your control.

Last edited:

quincy

Missing a meeting not paying fines in two bc I got a new job. I'm coming up on 3 years clean and trying to better myself but I keep hitting roadblock with them I am grateful to understand my situation may be hard for some people but I live in the Commonwealth state and If they don't like you they try ntrip you up. Just looking for advice
You are right that those are, in the whole scheme of the program, little things. But non-compliance with ANY of the requirements of the program puts you at risk of having criminal proceedings reinstated.

The drug court program is not supposed to be easy. It is specifically designed to keep you from reoffending. It allows you to walk away from a serious criminal offense without a criminal record.

I congratulate you on your three years of sobriety. I don't think you should abandon the program. And I don't think you can count on just probation with no jail time.

FlyingRon

Understand Pennsylvania is very lenient with setting up payment programs in the probation/drug courts. However, missing them is a big deal and it won't be any different if you are on regular probation. Similarly, regular probation will require you to pee from the time to time, and if you come up dirty, you'll need the meetings, etc... that they proscribe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">