• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

timeshare sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

formerlsa

What is the name of your state? Ma Hello, When I got divorced 2 yrs ago, in my decree it states that husband and wife will pay note every other month on what is owed on timeshare property. They will share the weeks. If husband defaults even one month the timeshare automatically becomes the wifes. This is a court order.

Anyhow, I have made the payments for 2 yrs. He hasn't paid a dime. It has been very straining on me, I can barely ever use my weeks. I finally decided to put it up for sale(reluctently) on vacation register. It costs 399 until they sell it, I have a prime week of 17 in the Fll area an a golf course and a gold crown resort.

I would like to know a few things. If I should get an offer and proceed to close, can I just sign the closing papers myself? I was told along time ago to get him off the deed, but it was confusing to me and I wasn't sure how much it would cost.Can i send the court order to the closing officer and then proceed to sell on my own? Or do I have to get him to sign it? Should I change the deed somehow before I get any offers? Does anyone know how much this would cost? I would rather not deal with him and he has told me yrs ago that he wants nothing to do with this property. If he has to sign the deed I'm afraid he will blackmail me into giving him money and he already owes thousands in child support.Thank you

HomeGuru

formerlsa said:
What is the name of your state? Ma Hello, When I got divorced 2 yrs ago, in my decree it states that husband and wife will pay note every other month on what is owed on timeshare property. They will share the weeks. If husband defaults even one month the timeshare automatically becomes the wifes. This is a court order.

Anyhow, I have made the payments for 2 yrs. He hasn't paid a dime. It has been very straining on me, I can barely ever use my weeks. I finally decided to put it up for sale(reluctently) on vacation register. It costs 399 until they sell it, I have a prime week of 17 in the Fll area an a golf course and a gold crown resort.

I would like to know a few things. If I should get an offer and proceed to close, can I just sign the closing papers myself? I was told along time ago to get him off the deed, but it was confusing to me and I wasn't sure how much it would cost.Can i send the court order to the closing officer and then proceed to sell on my own? Or do I have to get him to sign it? Should I change the deed somehow before I get any offers? Does anyone know how much this would cost? I would rather not deal with him and he has told me yrs ago that he wants nothing to do with this property. If he has to sign the deed I'm afraid he will blackmail me into giving him money and he already owes thousands in child support.Thank you
**A: hire an attorney.

Jendigo

Do you still owe a balance on the property?

Depending on the resort, they may change the deed for you with your divorce decree, but I am certain your ex would have to sign something agreeing to this. Even with your divorce decreee though, the resort doesn't have to agree to change anything (though some will).

You may get an attorney to force him to sign over the TS to you or be in contempt of court. I don't know how this woorks, but I have seen it done in this very circumstance.

I can't stress enough, be careful about those resale companies who want an up-front fee!!! Research them thoroughly before using them. Many will disappear without a trace after getting your $.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">