• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

timeshare salesmen lied. There are several issues.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sherl

My state is Oklahoma. The timeshare is in Branson Missouri. We bought a timeshare last Sept., 2005. It is yellow time. We were told by at least three of their sales people that in 2006, all timeshares in Branson would go to red time. That was a lie. We have every other year(even years) usage for one week. We also got two bonus weeks, which are suppose to be every year or so we were told. Our papers say, split week use ( 3/4 split ), on the bonus weeks but when we tried to make a 3 day reservation, they said we couldn't, reservations are only Saturday to Saturday. Do I misunderstand what split week usage means? They also have a rental program or that is what they said. We turned in all three weeks to be rented, for us, by them, withing a few days of purchase. We found out about a month ago, the woman who did the rentals for them quit or got fired so they didn't even try to rent them. Is the company responsible , if the salesmen lie? How about the split week usage ( which is in black and white )? Do we have any legal recourse? If they lied to us about yellow time converting to red in 2006, they lied to others. Also, how long after paying them off, do they have to send us our deed? It has been over 6 months. I appreciate any information I can get on this.What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

sherl said:
My state is Oklahoma. The timeshare is in Branson Missouri. We bought a timeshare last Sept., 2005. It is yellow time. We were told by at least three of their sales people that in 2006, all timeshares in Branson would go to red time. That was a lie. We have every other year(even years) usage for one week. We also got two bonus weeks, which are suppose to be every year or so we were told. Our papers say, split week use ( 3/4 split ), on the bonus weeks but when we tried to make a 3 day reservation, they said we couldn't, reservations are only Saturday to Saturday. Do I misunderstand what split week usage means? They also have a rental program or that is what they said. We turned in all three weeks to be rented, for us, by them, withing a few days of purchase. We found out about a month ago, the woman who did the rentals for them quit or got fired so they didn't even try to rent them. Is the company responsible , if the salesmen lie? How about the split week usage ( which is in black and white )? Do we have any legal recourse? If they lied to us about yellow time converting to red in 2006, they lied to others. Also, how long after paying them off, do they have to send us our deed? It has been over 6 months. I appreciate any information I can get on this.What is the name of your state?

Okay, tell us first what was in writing?

sherl

timeshare

The only thing in writing is the 3/4 split on the bonus weeks. What does that mean? Also, after pyaing them in full, how long do they have to send the deed?

seniorjudge

sherl said:
The only thing in writing is the 3/4 split on the bonus weeks. What does that mean? Also, after pyaing them in full, how long do they have to send the deed?
If you did all this orally, then there's no way we can answer your questions. Sorry.

mijohnst

Timeshares are such a rip off... High pressure sales and a bunch of cheats... What you got screwed with is just one of the problems. If you ever try to sell it you'll find out the other. All of a sudden this timeshare that "everyone" wants won't have any value. You can't hardly give them away. I'm very surprised that the government allows these cons operate. :mad:

sherl

Right to Cancel Timeshare purchase

My state is Oklahoma but the purchase was made in Missouri. We purchased a timeshare Sept. 13th, 2005. They did not give us a Right to Cance form or even tell us we could. Aren't they legally obligated to?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">