• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

timetable

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

spud

I was fired from my job on January 7, 2000. It was a wrongful termination, with false reasons given. I first spoke to my attorney on Jan 10th, and gave him all the facts and asked him to handle the case. My previouse employer claims to be at-will which could cause a problem, but I am over 40, and the reasons given were false. My lawyer tells me he is still working on weather or not we have a case, I have called him at least every other week since Jan, and he tells me he should have something within a couple of weeks. Well 5-7-2000 will be 3 months--Is this a reasonable timetable, or is my lawyer putting me off? Last spoke on 4-10, he said a week and a half too two weeks. Do I need to put more pressure on him, give him more time, or look for another lawyer? Population in my city 50,000, no lawyers that specialize in employment law. One last thing--the company that fired me is a very large Corp with offices throughout the US and other countries.

S

Should Be Working

Put more pressure on your attorney, find another one, but do something. I do not know what state you are in, but claims such as age discrimination have deadlines for filing. Unless your state has a longer period for filing a charge, the federal law only allows you 180 days to file a charge. Time is running.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">