• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tips to locate and retain a lawer needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LostInCleveland

I'm in Lake County Ohio and am seeking a lawyer to help me sue my condominium association. I have tried lawyers.com but feel the firms listed there are only interested in working for condo associations and not against them. I actually had one tell me my board is allowed to decide to abandon areas listed in the declarations. She did this without me naming my association let alone having her examine our legal documents at all. This is contract law. They are bound by the declarations and by-laws. My board just announces how many proxies they control which coincidently is always 60% of the votes being cast and when asked to prove they have the proxies, they refuse. I sure would appreciate help locating a lawyer willing to take these bullies on.

quincy

I'm in Lake County Ohio and am seeking a lawyer to help me sue my condominium association. I have tried xxx.com but feel the firms listed there are only interested in working for condo associations and not against them. I actually had one tell me my board is allowed to decide to abandon areas listed in the declarations. She did this without me naming my association let alone having her examine our legal documents at all. This is contract law. They are bound by the declarations and by-laws. My board just announces how many proxies they control which coincidently is always 60% of the votes being cast and when asked to prove they have the proxies, they refuse. I sure would appreciate help locating a lawyer willing to take these bullies on.
Sorry. The FreeAdvice forum is not an attorney referral service.

You could try AttorneyPages.com or the Ohio Bar Association to find attorneys in your area.

Good luck.

adjusterjack

You can also try searching for cases in the Lake County Superior where your HOA was a defendant and then hire the lawyer that represented the plaintiff. If you can't find cases where your HOA was a defendant look for other HOA that have been defendants and check out the plaintiffs' lawyers.

What is it that you want to sue for?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You can also try searching for cases in the Lake County Superior where your HOA was a defendant and then hire the lawyer that represented the plaintiff. If you can't find cases where your HOA was a defendant look for other HOA that have been defendants and check out the plaintiffs' lawyers.

Lake County Common Pleas court is where the case would be held. And the Lake County bar can give the names of attorneys who do this type of law.

LostInCleveland

Thanks. Love your tip. It's very practical. I want to sue for MANY reasons: Abuse of power, fraud, harassment just for a start. I want freedom from the fraudulently approved amendments and am outraged they filed a lien on my properties over late fees. Rights to file late liens over unpaid maintenance fees do not extend to any old fee they decide to charge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">