• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tired ... average "Joe"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

indentured servant

I am not sure how many people out there share the same circumstances, but there has to be more then just me. Readers Digest Version ... Since entering the job market I have literally worked my butt off. Along the way, I naively followed some *poor/inaccurate* advice and some sound. In my effort to simply survive and honor my hefty child support payment (not deductable), I have held more then one job, sometimes as many as three and mind you, not for recreation! In doing so, I jave owed the IRS every year ... I am in my mid-30's. I owe, so naturally I work more hours to increase $$$. Thus, more taxes owed. I have sought relief twice through Chapter 13 and unfortunately, it looks like I am up for a third. Needless to say, my credit history is shot and I have become an indentured servant to the IRS. I am no tax genius and will be the first to admit "book-keeping" is not my forte. For this ignorance, I have paid heavily in regard to credit, renting a simple apartment, ever owning a home, et. These are very "large" ticket items to loose. And yet, I still fear the guys in the "shinny black shoes" knocking on my door to make a criminal out of me. For working too much??? No matter how many times I try to make sense of this, it does not compute!!! Don't want a vacation at "Club Fed", how in the h___ does a guy escape this quagemire, especially with no $$$ for a high priced tax attorney. This is not justice, this is "indetured servitude":( Any sound advice??? Anyone else where I am at???:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">