• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tired of being abused.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Emerald1234

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania, but my grandmother also lives in Texas
I'm a 13 year old, currently in Pennsylvania, but my grandmother is going to Texas soon, and I wish to go with her instead of go with my mother. My mother is verbally, emotionally, and mentally abusive. She takes everything out on me and favors my little sister, which means that whenever she does something wrong, I'm punished for it. Also, she makes me be a parent to my sister. She has me work excessively, and it's been like this for a few years now. She has gone to court for child custody hearings and abuse hearings, which had just been closed since the past 6-12 months. She lied during them and forced me to also. She currently has a registered sex offender living with her and she wants me to live with her also, along with my 6 year old sister. She forces me to do things I don't want to and causes me to be stressed out and get sick. I wish to live with my grandmother because I've lived with her mostly my entire life, and my mother has dumped me on her until a few years ago. If my mother forces me to go with her, I am fully prepared to run away. Also, my grandmother is fully prepared for me to live with her. What can I do to be able to go live with her?

HRZ

Parents are entitled to make kids do chores 24/7....but having a registered sex offender live there " might" be an actionable point...your teachers and guidance coounselors a school are mandatory reporters ...give them a clear name and set of facts in writing ....also if she makes you do illegal or immoral things...

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What can I do to be able to go live with her?

Get your mother's permission. There is NO other way.

At your age there are two ways for you to leave home; one is WITH parental permission, and the other is if the state removes you from the home. As your grandmother is moving out of state, you won't be sent to live with her if the state removes you - maybe you might have if she were staying in state, but if you're taken by the state they're going to keep you within their jurisdiction and an out of state placement is very unlikely. So if you want to go with your grandmother, you do it with permission from your mother or you don't do it at all.

Emerald1234

Well, there is one more question. My mother got mad and told me she was going to put me in placement. Could one of you tell me what that is, maybe?

FarmerJ

At your age I can see where its not very easy to trust adults, BUT you should reconsider and give it a try , Does your school have a counselors office where you can speak to someone ? Just so you are clear on this , Teachers, doctors, nurses, school principles , police officers, and many others are also what is called mandated reporters. What that means is that they are required to contact people like social services so that social services can look deeper at things such as the sex offender who you spoke of that's living in your home.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">