• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tired of harassing accusations of first son and NOW the whole family!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Enuffisenuff

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

Hello, I am stationed here in Mississippi with the USAF and just purchased our first home two years ago. Unfortunately, within the first year a new neighbor moved in across the street.
This woman, with the spurring or help of our thirteen year-old neghbor girl, apparently out of the blue, call the police department and accused my son (13 (at time), hearing/speech, developmentally impaired) of having sex with my 11(at time) daughter.
The girls ( three, 15,11,8 at the time) were immediately removed from the home with no proof. (I KNOW they don't have to have any) We jumped through all the hoops, counselors, physical (invasive) exams for the girls. We voluntarily allowed our son to go for a week to a facility to "evaluate" him.
The results: The two of them obviously DID have a "Curious look and see" episode. No sexual activity ever transpired.
The case was dismissed without any reservations. The girls returned home after almost two months.
Almost exactly a year to the week later (this year) we get a call from the local authorities saying that they had again called in 5 or 6 calls to different agencies reporting that my daughter(now 12) was in fact pregnant with her brothers baby and that they are actively having sex.
They held little faith in the accusation but we went through similar hoops again, some meetings with counselors, invasive physicals on all the girls again and this time adding pregancy tests to the bunch. All proved again that nothing had transpired.
When that didn't work, (whatever their motive is) both of these neighbors actually went down and filed written statements restating the annoymous phone accusations but this time adding in the narrative that I also have been "beating" my son. This was just filed into the folder and closed. (Of course the problem is, that all these documents exist at all!)
And now the last few months they have been actively seeking out and informing people up and down the street "about" my son and that if he ever comes near them or touches them to scream and run away and then tell them immediately.
Just today, we were contacted my someone down the street who my daughters were still alowed to play with, that "Miss Rhonda" (the lady across the street) was now saying that those neighbors are "bad" also and that the father there (crippled by the way) was attempting to molest the neighborhood children.
The accusations against him started almost immediately after our girls were allowed to go see their daughters again. Apparently an attack against that family because they were still "on our side" so to speak.
Apparently todays revelations also included her stating that it wasn't just my son and daughter but that our entire household is engaging in sexual activity with one another and again that I was beating my son.
A very long story I know but I wanted to lay everything on the line for an accurate assessment.
WHAT CAN WE DO?!!!! SOMEwhere there has to be SOME sort of action to protect us from those people. We still have absolutely NO motive for this continued behavior. I can buy-off on perhaps them actually having a valid concern initially the first year but this gone beyond absurd and my children are the ones suffering the most because of these attacks. And what happens when they build enough false claims? The story goes... "Where theres smoke, theres fire."

Please Help!
Kevin

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

. . . and, when you spoke to your attorney about filing a lawsuit for libel and slander, and to get information about a Restraining Order, what did your attorney say?

IAAL

E

Enuffisenuff

Thank you

Thank you for the prompt reply!
Obviously, being an enlisted member of the military with a family of six I don't have lot of disposable cash. That is why I haven't actually yet sought the legal guidance. Originally of course, I assumed that it was looked at and over.
Military legal provides very little assistance so I wanted to be reassured by someone that I was looking down the right (probably costly) road.
I was leaning towards the actions you hinted at, and it's good to see I was on the right track. Other than the documentaion from the police cases and childrens services I wasn't sure how much "proof" *I* would have to have to realistically attempt something legally.
On a side note... are there "ballpark" figures of expenses to look forward to? As it is, I am sure I will be tapping into friends/family for assistance. I'd seriously just consider moving but then we look like we're running or something and that's not cheap either.

Again, I sincerely thank you for the help you are providing myself and others.

Kevin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">