• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title Change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Betty Bumstedt

Washington - When my divorce was final 20 years ago, I was awarded the house in lieu of child support. I am about to pay off the mortgage but my ex-husbands name is still on the mortgage. How do I make sure I am listed as the sole owner of this property when I make the final mortgage payment?


Senior Member
Check your deed and title. You should be the sole owner of record even if the mortgage is still in his name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential