• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

title company & closing question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

njk

What is the name of your state? arizona
received a purchase contract for sale of our home with close date of 9/18. We (sellers) signed our papers on 9/16. Was notified by the title company that buyer funding delayed until 9/20. When re received our proceeds check it was $250 less than the amount signed for on closing statement due to delay in buyer funding. Shouldn't the title company have advised us of this? Shouldn't this be a buyer expense? All papers we (sellers) signed had different numbers than the final statement (which only the buyer had signed) is this legal? Don't the closing statements require both parties signatures?

Also, can I demand copies of all documents pertaining to the sale of our home? The title company says I am only entitled to the statement received with proceeds check (which does not have our signatures), is this correct?

Thanks for any info...nk

HomeGuru

njk said:
What is the name of your state? arizona
received a purchase contract for sale of our home with close date of 9/18. We (sellers) signed our papers on 9/16. Was notified by the title company that buyer funding delayed until 9/20. When re received our proceeds check it was $250 less than the amount signed for on closing statement due to delay in buyer funding. Shouldn't the title company have advised us of this?

**A: yes.
Shouldn't this be a buyer expense?

All papers we (sellers) signed had different numbers than the final statement (which only the buyer had signed) is this legal?

Don't the closing statements require both parties signatures?

**A: no, because there is a separate and different closing statement for each party.
Also, can I demand copies of all documents pertaining to the sale of our home? The title company says I am only entitled to the statement received with proceeds check (which does not have our signatures), is this correct?

**A: no, the title company is full of BS. You are entitled to recieve copies all documents which you signed and some that is referenced as a contingency in the contract ie. survey, title report, termite report etc.
You are not entiteld to receive a copy of the Buyer's closing statement etc.
Thanks for any info...nk

**A: call the title company and demand your $250 that they shorted you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">