• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Title Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kdkelley

Im in Texas and I bought a car from a dealership in July. I bought it so I would have a reliable car to go to Pennsylvania to see my Fiances sick mother. When we took it to a mechanic they told us it had a broken axle and brake caliper. (this is after having a mechnic look it over at the dealership) We had it fixed and took the trip to see his mother. After arriving the spark plug popped out of the engine and left us stranded on the side of the highway. We got it to a mechnic who told us the car had so many repairs needed including the other front axle and caliper, the catalytic converter and the brake hoses. We got the spark plug repaired and got it back to his mothers house where it has sat since 8/27/2018. As of 10/15/2018 I still had not recieved the car title, license plates or registration sticker, which I paid for when I bought the car. I called the TxDMV and was informed the dealership never filed to have the title transferred to my name. I called the dealership where they told me they "forgot" to get the title transferred and npw they can't do it because the inspection is out. They want to transfer the title and a check for what I paid for the plates/title/registration to a Pennsylvania DMV (my fiance and I are moving there next month) but I will not be able to have it put into my name up there for some time. Do I accept them sending the title and check to PA or do I fight to have them give me title here in Texas?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Maybe if you had YOUR mechanic inspect the vehicle you would have found all this out before buying the car. You had the seller inspect the vehicle themselves, which honestly was not the smartest thing to do.

Kdkelley

@HighwayMan How does this help with the title issues which is what I was asking about? It was my first car to buy EVER and I'm young and still learning and will make mistakes. Also, it WAS inspected by MY mechanic. Who I took with me. But theres only so much you can inspect without being able to put it in the air and get down and dirty with it. Everything else was fine except for the things you have to be under the car to see. If YOU'RE not going to be helpful dont comment.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
That was far from clear from your post. You need to explain things better. Also, there is no "@" in front of my user name - this is not Twitter.

Kdkelley

I can tag however I want to and since that was my first reply ever I figured it would work. And it did. You can go give bad advice somewhere else. I wanna know what to do about my TITLE which is clearly stated in the title of the post and in the question at the end. If you can't read then don't come for me like you know me.

justalayman

Unless you’re a resident of PA you need to title the vehicle in Texas. You aren’t eligible to obtain a PA registration yet so the title would need to remain a Texas title for now.

Kdkelley

The dealership is wanting to send the title to a dmv up in PA so that once I'm a resident next month I can get it registered and titled there. But I wont be able to drive it until I get to do that and it will take time since I will have to have a PA license and that's a whole different issue that doesnt fall in regards to getting the title. But they say they just forgot and the inspection is out so they wont give me the title whether its in my name or not even though I have paid for it and its on my recipet I got when I bought the car. I paid for the inspection, registration and the title itself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">