• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Titling an RV from out of State.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ga_dawg

I currently live in Florida, and before recently passing, my grandfather in Georgia left a 30' travel trailer to me. He signed title over to me (without putting my name on title) obviously before passing. I don't want it and just want to sell it. No time to RV and don't want it to just deteriorate. The RV is titled in Georgia. Must I transfer title into my name in Florida (or do I have to go to Georgia) before selling or can I just let buyer fill in their info when selling here in Fla?

adjusterjack

I currently live in Florida, and before recently passing, my grandfather in Georgia left a 30' travel trailer to me. He signed title over to me (without putting my name on title) obviously before passing. I don't want it and just want to sell it. No time to RV and don't want it to just deteriorate. The RV is titled in Georgia. Must I transfer title into my name in Florida (or do I have to go to Georgia) before selling or can I just let buyer fill in their info when selling here in Fla?
Title jumping (selling with an open title by somebody who is not named on the title) is illegal.

You will have to title it to yourself in Florida (where it is located and will be operated).

You are already in violation of vehicle titling law.

When you go to the DMV, don't mention that gramps is dead or you might end up having to probate the RV before you can sell it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">