• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TN-Care claim on estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

duckhunter

What is the name of your state?Tennessee
My mother passed away and the only estate was a small house and lot which she wanted sold and split 4 ways among the family. The problem is Mom was in a nursing home for 6 1/2 years and Tn-carehas paid about $75,000.00 of the nursing home bill. The house and land is worth no more than $40,000.00 so Tn-care will have a claim to the estate. My brothers and I have no problem with this but are afraid we will accur some out of pocket money and still have to sell the house and give the money to Tn-Care. Can we recover the lawyers fees and the real estate fees from the and the executors fees before Ten-Care can take all of Mom's estate? I am the executor and any monies charged will be divided 4 ways as Mom requested. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.
duckhunter

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">