• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To ASPX2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

commentator

In answer to your question....no do not wait to answer the inquiry! That is the one thing you can do that will make your situation much worse. Answer it, be honest. DO NOT try to wait till you have the money saved up to pay it back to start responding to their inquiries. Please, listen to me on this. It will not go away if you ignore it.

Yes, everyone here has enjoyed the fire out of getting to tell you you did something wrong and dumb and dishonest. You did. But to the Utah unemployment fraud unit, you are not a novelty, you are one of thousands of people who do this sort of thing all the time. They are not going to try to do anything but get their money back with penalties.

If you do not respond to them, they will find out what they need to know anyway. They will certainly be able to find you, determine this overpayment, and begin garnishing your checks, taking your income tax refunds, penalizing you in various ways. The sooner you begin the making amends process, the easier they will go on you in terms of collection and punishment. If you don't have any money right now, tell them. But for your own sake, establish contact and come clean NOW.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
I'd be surprised if ASPX2 is still checking the forum. If you post this on her message board, she might have that set up to get emails.

commentator

Thanks Charlotte,

Don't guess it's worth it, but you know, she asked me a question, then closed the post. After she had come to the very worst conclusion for an answer ever.

I can't believe that she closed the thread with all that helpful advice from Zigner, Prosperina and Antigone-of-Greece...:(

Why did they even post is beyond my comprehension but their responses are pretty typical of this forum .. senior members that must get kicks out of kicking people when they are down...:mad:

Nice to see you post a follow-up...but I think the advice will not be heeded.

I have no advice to give but to contact the agency, like you said.

Silverplum

I can't believe that she closed the thread with all that helpful advice from Zigner, Prosperina and Antigone-of-Greece...:(

Why did they even post is beyond my comprehension but their responses are pretty typical of this forum .. senior members that must get kicks out of kicking people when they are down...:mad:

Nice to see you post a follow-up...but I think the advice will not be heeded.

I have no advice to give but to contact the agency, like you said.
Frankly, I have no idea what the heck you're talking about.

justalayman

did you not read the rest of the post george? The OP actually seemed more of a troll than a person seeking advice. She played and dodged inquiries for information that was needed to give any sort of advice until right near the end of the thread. If a poster wants advice, they must provide info. Once a poster starts playing, so does everybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">