• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

to immigration attorney Lana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Co

My brother is here on F1 study visa. He is an interior designer with 2-year community college diploma and almost 10 years of experience in that feild. He was able to find a job in his speciality and the employer is willing to sponsor him. My questions are:
1. Can he change from F1 to H1B visa? and does he need to leave the country to do this?
2. I was reviewing the USCIS website and I noticed that in order to get H1B you must have a bachelor degree, however, an immigration attorney told me that with his 2-year diploma and 10 years of experience he still can apply?and what are the chances he would get that Visa based on this information?


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential