• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To Kevinhardiman

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You locked your post without waiting for any answers.

Your employer is correct. There is no law in any state that requires your employer to pay you for commute from home to the first job of the day, or from the last job of the day to home. It does not matter if you are in a company vehicle, and it does not matter that you are carrying company owned parts. The law is very clear on this.

Google the Portal to Portal Act.

Kevinhardiman

Thanks

ok, so if that's true and I pass over a bump and the load shifts where I'm required to stop and reload the truck, I have to do that work for free?

justalayman

then learn how to pack your truck so things do not shift or if possible, wait until you get to the job and straighten there or leave your truck at the shop and pick it up in the morning.

Bottom line Kevin, this is not paid time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">