• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To: Marinemom916

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



i saw your reply on the awol returnee post, and just to let you know, do not think that 30-60 days is a reasonable amount of time, if your son wants to try to get discharged. The marines does differ from the army, but one thing that is probaly the same is that: If your son or whoever wants to get discharged or try for one, he cant turn himself in until he gets DFR(dropped from the rolls). if he turned himself in before that, they would just definately send him back to his unit. If your gone 6 months and your are not dfr, then that is not enough time. To find out if he is dropped from the rolls, call the deserter hotline. the number is 1-502-626-3711. One other thing, which i dont know if this is def true, but from the research ive done, I believe it takes a little longer for the marines to discharge someone, not saying they dont, just saying there process is a little slower than the armies.

P.S....If anyone reads this and feels i am not correct, please feel free to add your input, b/c I learn as a i go along, i dont know everything. But i do believe what i wrote in this article is accurate.


Junior Member
you are right

i posted earlier on the other post if 30 days or longer he could face a discharge. but after reading your post you are right. he has to off the roll

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential