• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To the person who thinks he got his unemployment denied/approved

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

commentator

I cannot remain silent in the face of such unutterable bull.... as this person posted on the Free Advice site.

And I quote:
Miraculously, when it arrived she had agreed with me and stated (I am paraphrasing but can provide ANYONE WHO ASKS with the actual document showing her judgement and why if it will help anyone else, just email that due to my injuries, the length of the drive and the hours I worked each day (typically 10-16 hours each day) that their was the real and deadly serious possibility of my falling asleep at the wheel and killing myself or someone else or both and therefore the state COULD NOT & WOULD NOT require me to continue to tread such unsafe water every day to keep that job as with my commute of 4 hours each day I was looking at between 16-20 hours of a hugely stressful and ultimately deadly daily routine.

I was awarded all my back checks (over 6 months worth I believe) and then was switched to state disability for the remainder of the year due to my medical issues.

Last edited by m ******; Today at 10:36 AM.

I call bull. Post your unemployment decision on this site for me, with the law cited under which you were approved. That will be on your decision letter. Because there is nothing in unemployment law that is even remotely concerned with the state worrying about you driving an unusual and dangerous commute...blah blah blah...... Unemployment insurance is paid by taxes to the employer, when the person is out of work through no fault of their own. They don't give a hoot in hell whether or not your uncle left you a house in his will, the roads are dangerous, your wife is sick, or you're in too bad health to make it to work anymore. It is charged to the employer's account, therefore no ajudicator is going to give you the sympathy vote and charge the employer without a good work related reason to quit your job.

You suddenly start mentioning the injury, something about disability....if you were unable to work for health reasons, that might have been a different issue all together, and you might very well have been approved on appeal. But it wasn't because you told them such a pitiful story about your personal situation and they decided to give you the sympathy vote. Even if they had, the Board of Review would have immediately thrown out the whole approval and declared you overpaid as soon as they got a look at it.

I have done many unemployment issue hearings, and no I am not a circuit court judge or whoever you think you talked to on your own special little planet. And I have seen many idiots walk out of appeals thinking they had won their case for the wrong reason. In other words, they'd say, "I told that lady about my sick baby at home and she decided to go on and give it to me" or they say, "I threatened to call my uncle, who's close with the governor and it scared them!" when actually the only reason they won was that the law was on their side.

The story you told us was an almost 100% "going to get denied" story. The professionals on this site gave you an answer regarding your unemployment benefits that was totally accurate based on this information. When you started bringing in other issues such as the injury and state disability and all that, you may have muddled the accuracy of the answers by failing to give the correct information in your question. But frankly, I hate they approved you anyhow IF they did, as you claim. You sound like a real jerk. I wish I had a dollar for every jerk whose claim I had to approve because they were on the favorable side of the unemployment laws. But I bet you certainly didn't get approved because you were so persuasive in your hearing and they felt so sorry for you.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
One thing I'd like to point out is the outside possibility that this person was approved without it being chargeable to the employer (due to a family issue forcing the relocation.) Not very likely, and I think the OP was lying...but there is a minute chance of it.

I'mTheFather

If you google the guy, you'll find that he's just a big ole bag of hot air.... about a lot of things. I'm tempted to friend him on FB. :D

commentator

Sometimes in some states, they will allow people to quit a job and be approved if it is for a certain kind of personal reason, such as the illness of a family member. But that is certainly not the information this OP gave you to work with. According to him, he quit his job due to the terrible commuting distance which he had to move to for a personal reason other than to relocate with a military spouse, AFTER he'd already continued to work there after relocating and done the commute for several months. And the appeals judge was so sympathetic to his plight that he got approved in appeals. That would not happen. Or if the the case of an inexperienced or totally incompetent appeals officer, it would have been overturned at a higher level when reviewed, whether the employer appealed it or not.

These type people are the ones that make me remember why the sweetest job description I ever heard contained the words "...no client contact."

Simon Hale

Yeah may be a person have to change his job due to any reason but it is his moral responsibility to inform the company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">