• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Toching mariguna got me arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ejfs

What is the name of your state?california

A guy had mariguana in school and i went to the bathroom as usual. I saw him walking behind me with three other guys but i still walked to the bathroom. When i was done they tossed me a bag when i realized that it was mariguana I tossed it back to them and ran out the door. Everybody got suspened for three days and arested accept one kid that only smelled it.
We have court on september 13, 2005. what are my rigths and was I even suppost to get arrested ? Why didn't the other guy get arrested or suspended?

Thank you for taking your time to let me know my rigts and state laws.

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ejfs said:
What is the name of your state?california

A guy had mariguana in school and i went to the bathroom as usual. I saw him walking behind me with three other guys but i still walked to the bathroom. When i was done they tossed me a bag when i realized that it was mariguana I tossed it back to them and ran out the door. Everybody got suspened for three days and arested accept one kid that only smelled it.
We have court on september 13, 2005. what are my rigths and was I even suppost to get arrested ? Why didn't the other guy get arrested or suspended?

Thank you for taking your time to let me know my rigts and state laws.

My response:

You must be an Honor Student. Right?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ejfs said:
why didn't think so?

My response:

That's easy. Your spelling and grammar are atrocious! Don't stay in California after you quit high school. Move to Alabama where you'll be appreciated. You could get a job setting up single and double-wide trailers. You could also learn how to use the phrase "Duh, yup" in your daily conversations.

IAAL

CdwJava

ejfs said:
What specific section or sections were you charged with violating?

I'm gonna guess that had you gone straight to the school administration about the marijuana, you'd be okay. My guess is that you didn't. I'm also going to guess that their version of events isn't the same as yours. You are probably being alleged to have been part of this little party. Why would someone just toss you a bag of marijuana?

Simple possession of marijuana per H&S 11357(b) is punishable by a fine only. However, if you are being charged also with distribution or other charges you could face time in juvenile hall as well.

If you are under 18 and possess it on school grounds, here is what can happen to you:

H&S 11357(e) Except as authorized by law, every person under the age of 18 who possesses not more than 28.5 grams of marijuana, other than concentrated cannabis, upon the grounds of, or within, any school providing instruction in kindergarten or any of grades 1 through 12 during hours the school is open for classes or school-related programs is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be subject to the following dispositions:

(1) A fine of not more than two hundred fifty dollars ($250), upon
a finding that a first offense has been committed.

(2) A fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500), or
commitment to a juvenile hall, ranch, camp, forestry camp, or secure
juvenile home for a period of not more than 10 days, or both, upon a
finding that a second or subsequent offense has been committed.

- Carl

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

CdwJava said:
What specific section or sections were you charged with violating?

I'm gonna guess that had you gone straight to the school administration about the marijuana, you'd be okay. My guess is that you didn't. I'm also going to guess that their version of events isn't the same as yours. You are probably being alleged to have been part of this little party. Why would someone just toss you a bag of marijuana?

Simple possession of marijuana per H&S 11357(b) is punishable by a fine only. However, if you are being charged also with distribution or other charges you could face time in juvenile hall as well.

If you are under 18 and possess it on school grounds, here is what can happen to you:

H&S 11357(e) Except as authorized by law, every person under the age of 18 who possesses not more than 28.5 grams of marijuana, other than concentrated cannabis, upon the grounds of, or within, any school providing instruction in kindergarten or any of grades 1 through 12 during hours the school is open for classes or school-related programs is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be subject to the following dispositions:

(1) A fine of not more than two hundred fifty dollars ($250), upon
a finding that a first offense has been committed.

(2) A fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500), or
commitment to a juvenile hall, ranch, camp, forestry camp, or secure
juvenile home for a period of not more than 10 days, or both, upon a
finding that a second or subsequent offense has been committed.

- Carl

My response:

Oh, brother. Saint Carl to the rescue.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">