• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tool bar doesn't work.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

My toolbar is working again.

I don't know what happened to it before.
Well, having worked in a repair/maintenance sort of work for many years, I have often resigned myself to accepting a self correcting issue to be either ghosts or operator error

Of course ghosts aren’t real.

adjusterjack

AJ, click on the orange gear thing at bottom right of the toolbar. It enables the tools.
When I clicked on the gear it disabled the tool bar. When I clicked again it enabled the tool bar.

Then something odd happened. It worked momentarily. I was able to highlight a sentence and make it bold and put it in quotes but the next time I tried it, it was back to not working.

The sentence was typed with click tool then type.
The sentence was typed with type, select tool.
Both seem to work for me on in Chrome on a Mac.
Works properly on Firefox, too. It's IE where the trouble is.

I can click tool and type but it doesn't work when I type, highlight and select tool.

justalayman

When I clicked on the gear it disabled the tool bar. When I clicked again it enabled the tool bar.

Then something odd happened. It worked momentarily. I was able to highlight a sentence and make it bold and put it in quotes but the next time I tried it, it was back to not working.

Works properly on Firefox, too. It's IE where the trouble is.

I can click tool and type but it doesn't work when I type, highlight and select tool.
I had trouble with an optional setting staying set if I typed and then chose an additional option. its Like it cleared itself and returned to the default settings.

And I’m om my iPad so neither Firefox not ie apply.

Sometimes the only thing consistent in life is it’s inconsistent.

adjusterjack

I'm on a desktop with Windows 7 and IE 11. Tried this on my laptop. Doesn't work there either.

Guess I'll use Firefox.

Last edited:

Litigator22

Beware of Russians bearing gifts! (Aha!)

(However, by the time it took me to manipulating the flippin' fool bar and come up with that gem, the Ruskies could have been here and left with Grant's Tomb, the Liberty Bell and Fort Knox!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">