• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tool bar doesn't work.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

The tool bar above the message box? The one that allows for bolding, italics, etc?

Hmm. I just tested and it doesn't seem to be working for me, either.

Bold :) italics

The tool bar doesn't work for me but you can manually enter stuff.

Last edited:

quincy

Are those doing the testing able to use the message box tool bar? It is still not working for me.

quincy

Hmm. I can't use those tools.

I don't know for how long the feature has been missing for me, though. I didn't notice they weren't working until AJ mentioned it.

adjusterjack

If I type something and highlight it and then use one of the tools, it doesn't work. But if I click on a tool and then type, it does work. That's what Quincy referred to as "manual."

For example, I highlight the above sentence and click on the tools (like bold, italics, quotes, etc) nothing happens.

But if I click on the tool first, and then type, it does what it's supposed to do.

I just tried Firefox and the tool bar works perfectly. So this problem has to do with IE or the site's relationship to IE and something has changed just recently.

PayrollHRGuy

The sentence was typed with click tool then type.

The sentence was typed with type, select tool.

Both seem to work for me on in Chrome on a Mac.

quincy

It works for me now, I think.

Testing.

AJ, click on the orange gear thing at bottom right of the toolbar. It enables the tools.

Testing.

Last edited:

quincy

It works for me now, I think.

Testing.

AJ, click on the orange gear thing at bottom right of the toolbar. It enables the tools.

Testing.
I didn't have to do that before. :unsure:

Testing again.

Well, now it actually works for me like it used to. Odd.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">