• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

toothpain12

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

toothpain12

What is the name of your state?New Jersey

I am currently an employee in a dental office and have been there for 14 years. I am a dentist. When I started there, the original employer had a no vacation pay policy for the dentists in the office. The office was sold 7 years ago to a corporation and at that time we were given 1 week vacation time, 3 sick days and one personal day. The office has changed corporations several times (2) but the owner who bought the office 7 years ago was still running the office. Up until last year, I had accrued 3 weeks paid vacation. At this time, we are no longer owned by a corporation but now by the individual who originally purchased office 7 years ago. At the begining of this year it was decided that the dentists had to earn their vacation time by meeting an individual goal. If no met, no paid vacation (we still also would not be getting sick days or personal day). Is this legal. I am not an independant contractor but an employee.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You have not asked a question, but if you are wondering whether or not the change is legal, it is.

No law in any state prohibits an employer from changing their vacation policy; in fact, no law in any state requires that you be offered vacation in the first place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">