• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Totaled Business Cargo Trailer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MNMSPARKY

What is the name of your state? TX
I had my business trailer totaled in an accident involving two other vehicles where I was not at fault. In speaking with the adjuster from the insurance co of the person at faults which caused the accident, I am getting a little upset due to thier process of evauluating process. The trailer is a 1992 wells cargo which was in very nice condition. Recently it was reconditioned inside to look brand new. It has a ac unit, custom cabnets, vinyl floor and walls. I purchased the unit after looking for approx 2 months as a very good deal. This trailer is used almost daily in my business. It has been since 11/25 I have been with out my Trailer and am trying to work out of my truck. I have been advised by the adjuster that they are only considering the value of the trailer only with out the accessories. I have received a quote on a new trailer with the same equipment and have found the the extras increase the buying price by 300.3 percent. I am not wanting them to pay for a all new unit with all the bells and whistles, however I would like to at least get in to a new trailer with out all the accessories. What rights do I have with the two insurance co and the individual that caused the accident. I am going to rent a uhaul for the mean time. Do I have the right to make them repair the unit which my co. can do for I feel it is worth more than they are going to offer and I feel it can be repaired? I will not be able to replace the unit for what I paid for it for most of the units I looked at before were approx a grand higher and had no improvements. I had customized the interior even more to suit my purposes. I will not sign anything from them until I feel I have been fairly treated. God bless. sparky

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Well, I gave you lots of time to answer a simple question. But, the answer is really quite clear. You wrote all of that unnecessary bullcrap, and you didn't have insurance on your own trailer. Figures, you dumbass yahoo.

IAAL

H

hexeliebe

And this one is from Texas. Now where is the Jet when I want to make fun of the longhorns???:D

M

MNMSPARKY

insurance ?

isn't it funny, one of the insurance co. is one I have been with for over thirty years and never been at fault with an accident. Ge thanks for the space brain reply! Get a life.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: insurance ?

MNMSPARKY said:
isn't it funny, one of the insurance co. is one I have been with for over thirty years and never been at fault with an accident. Ge thanks for the space brain reply! Get a life.

My response:

Well, finally! Geez, it took you long enough to answer a simple question.

Now, let's see how long it takes you to answer this one - -

Why haven't you made a claim through your own insurance company? And, don't give me your crap about your deductible, either. If your trailer was so damned important to you, you would have had your insurance company handle this.

IAAL

lwpat

"Do I have the right to make them repair the unit which my co. can do for I feel it is worth more than they are going to offer and I feel it can be repaired?"

Get another company to give you an estimate on repairing the trailer to its original condition. The adjuster must consider any upgrades and cannot just compare this to a standard trailer. It would be helpful if you had any invoices for material and labor to submit so you can prove your actual cost.

You also need to take pictures of the trailer in case this goes to court.

You can file a complaint with the state insurance office. Check the TX state webpage for a link.

If they continue to refuse to pay your only option is to file suit. Depending on the value of the trailer this might fall within the limit for small claims. Call your local magistrate and find out the procedure and the limit. If it exceeds small claims then you need to retain an attorney.

I have to agree with IAAL on this one. The trailer should have been tagged and properly valued, insured through your own company insurance. Otherwise I fully agree with his evaluation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">