• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Totally separate, already existing child support case, what do I put in child support enforcement section of divorce forms? (Washoe County, Nevada)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alia423

My ex and I had previously filed a joint petition for divorce with minor children in Washoe County, Nevada. We agree on everything and there are no issues in that regard, but it was denied due to some missing information which was a total oversight on our part. Anyway, the judge said for us to submit an amended joint petition but in the couple of months since we initially filed, he got a job and wanted to start supporting us so we now have an open and active child support case.
My problem is, in the divorce documents there is a section where we are required to put in the parent's gross monthly income and calculate what is owed so that child support can be enforced, initial that we agree, etc. I am unsure what info to provide here. The case is so very new that I have only received a letter stating that the case is active and do not actually know what percentage/amount they are taking from his checks yet so even if I wanted to just put the existing info, I caouldn't even do that! Should I leave the section blank and provide documentation to prove that there is already an existing child support case through the district attorney? HELP!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">