• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

totally,temporarily disabled, lawyer not helping!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sconiers2

My mother had an injury at work that caused her to be totally, temporarily, disabled. since 8/28/98.On 9//99 she was fired w/osettlement of her case. Worker's comp stopped her benefits, she has had no income for 4 months and the lawyer that she presently has has not met her reqiurements at all. My mother needs to know the how, who, and why of terminating her lawyer, finding a new one, and how to go about asking for a new settlement neogotiation? Please get back A.S.A.P.

P

prairielaw3

Your mother has had a rough time and it not help if feel being victimized a second time by an advoate who not truly working for you. Generally anyone can fire an attorney at anytime; as with any professional, just tell the person they are fired. First however, it may make sense to talk to the atorney and find what is ( or is not) going on and why. Sadly, for many reasons that not attorney's falut, we not able to get quick justice for clients as there are simply many procedural and practical roadblocks to claims. There may be legitimate reasons for the attorneys's actions. Secondly in most states a client should be able to get a second opinion from another attorney first. If find out from this and still feel attorney not acting in your mom's best interests then still can fire attorney. Good luck and I hope you get some resolution soon.
George Senteney

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">