• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tow fee and lost keys

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

macshelly

What is the name of your state?tennessee my daughter used my jeep to go to work , she ran out of gas pulled over to the side of the road. left the keys and the lights on , (the road is dark she couldnt see to walk to get help,)the raido on. the windows down.. when she got help and got gas the jeep was gone.. we called the cops they said they had it in impound. i went to get it.. i was very up set that it cost me 130 dollars. i asked them to talk to a depity or the sheriff. and they said they wouldnt wake him up he worked all night. they did not check for some one to be at the jeep any one could of kidnaped or raped her or she could of been on the side of the road dead i was so upset that they didnt bother to check or contact any one. i wanted to file a complant that they did not let the jeep sit there any longer than they did . she was comming right back and did .. it does take a while for any one to walk to a house in a rual area.. they had me leave to get my jeep then i got upset that i had to pay 130 to get it out and not have all my keys.. only one key was there my house and car keys were gone .. i still did not get to make a complaint. is there any thing i can do to make sure that this done happen again.. is there a time limit for this kind of thing to happen ... it was not in any danger it was off the side of the road not in the road.. i am out 130 and no one listened.. my daughter could of been hurt and no one would of known... shelly :confused:

Last edited:

JETX

macshelly said:
What is the name of your state?tennessee my daughter used my jeep to go to work , she ran out of gas pulled over to the side of the road. left the keys and the lights on , (the road is dark she couldnt see to walk to get help,)the raido on. the windows down.. when she got help and got gas the jeep was gone.. we called the cops they said they had it in impound. i went to get it.. i was very up set that it cost me 130 dollars. i asked them to talk to a depity or the sheriff. and they said they wouldnt wake him up he worked all night. they did not check for some one to be at the jeep any one could of kidnaped or raped her or she could of been on the side of the road dead i was so upset that they didnt bother to check or contact any one. i wanted to file a complant that they did not let the jeep sit there any longer than they did . she was comming right back and did .. it does take a while for any one to walk to a house in a rual area.. they had me leave to get my jeep then i got upset that i had to pay 130 to get it out and not have all my keys.. only one key was there my house and car keys were gone .. i still did not get to make a complaint. is there any thing i can do to make sure that this done happen again.. is there a time limit for this kind of thing to happen ... it was not in any danger it was off the side of the road not in the road.. i am out 130 and no one listened.. my daughter could of been hurt and no one would of known... shelly :confused:
Thank you for your wonderful post. Did you have a LEGAL question in there somewhere??

macshelly

JETX said:
Thank you for your wonderful post. Did you have a LEGAL question in there somewhere??
yes am in my legal right to fill out a complaint, and do they have to replace my keys ... they were on the key ring when they picked up the jeep and now they are not... is there something i can legaly do to make sure that they search around cars that are found on the side of the road.. my daughter was very lucky and i have told her that. things could of been worse had she been hurt somewhere on the side of the road... thanks for taking time for this i know that it isnt very much but i am very worried that no cop would of taken his or her time to check...

JETX

macshelly said:
yes am in my legal right to fill out a complaint
Of course you have a legal right to "fill out a complaint". You can complain to anyone who will listen.

and do they have to replace my keys ... they were on the key ring when they picked up the jeep and now they are not
Unless you can PROVE that they were negligent or malicious in 'losing' your keys.... AND that they had control and custody of them... the answer is no.

is there something i can legaly do to make sure that they search around cars that are found on the side of the road
Nope. But you can certainly ask them to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">