• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tow truck issued by insurance agency damaged my car, please help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

soko6657

What is the name of your state? CA

Hello, on 8/3 I got a flat tire on my front passenger side so I called my insurance agency (Allstate) needing roadside assistance. The guy came changed it into the spare with no trouble. Unfortunately the spare was also flat so we had to call in a tow truck to take it to the tire shop. The guy loaded it to the bed of the tow truck and took it to the tire shop. Now the tire shop called me right after we dropped it off that the whole hub is broken, axle is not turning, they can't even take out the tire itself to change it because the hub is not rotating. I now have to tow it again to a bodyshop which is estimating the damage to at least 1,000-2,000USD. The tow guy definitely damaged my car because it was in perfect condition before hand. How does a car that didn't move from getting a flat tire to going to the tire shop receive all this damage. Very upset, i'm calling Allstate but they're telling me i only have liability coverage so they cannot help me. When i ask their policy on a tow issued by them and if they are liable they dodge the question, telling me that they are not sure and will call back later, but they never do. I have been calling them for days with no luck.
What should be my next step?
Thank you all

justalayman

it makes no sense the tire cant be removed becasue it won’t rotate due to whatever damage happened but to expect to be paid for the damage, you will have to prove the flatbed truck operator damaged your car. While you argue it is obvious, it really isn’t obvious. For all anybody knows the damage was caused when you got the flat tire. Maybe the tire went flat becasue it was damaged because the hub seized.

Anyway, get proof the truck operator damaged your vehicle. Make a demand from them first. If they refuse to pay for damage the caused, sue them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">