• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Town Assessor entering property without being invited....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MKMerrigan

I live in Massachusetts. We recently tore down and rebuilt a house on our property. Our house and land assessment went up $339,000 in one year! When we filed for an abatement, I made an appointment for the assessor to visit my home. He arrived and opened a folder that had pictures of my new home in it. I asked him when he took the photos and he said, "I visited you on June 30, 2000 but you were not home" He said he stood inside my front door and snapped the photographs. Was he within his right as assessor to visit my home on that date (we were in the midst of moving in at that time) without consent from myself or my husband? Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">