• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Townhouse-H20 leak

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kba

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I had a water leak (not sure exactly yet the cause, but it originated from a bathroom). I emailed my insurance agent asking what to do, and left a message on the after hours phone number. I found from researching on the web, to do something ASAP, and got a referral to a company that does water extraction and repair. I stumbled onto this forum and saw the post regarding ice/water damage.

I am not sure what I should do now. If the estimate is within my budget (which is not high), I could pay out of pocket. I have not submitted any claim, but not sure if trying to call or email the insurance agent is going to be on my CLUE record.

The water started from the top floor, went to the 2nd floor (kitchen) then down to the basement room. I am worried about the walls, floors and insulation being wet and damaged.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">