• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

toxic mold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

leisha leaver

What is the name of your state? Tx.
i have a home that has stacyboctrys and clutonium the 2 most dangerous molds found. i had just remarried and was in the process of moving in with my husband when we found the mold.
i tried to use bleach and avoid a claim but quickly realized it was not just mold. i filed a claim with state farm. the mold was caused by a leak in the ac drain pan that was in the attic. i was told up front i am not entitltled to any living expenses like most people get. though i do not agree with it i went on with the process. the home was tested by a professional inspector to see what type of mold i had and how contaminated the home is. the report states the facts, and contributes the air conditioner ducts and system are responsible for spreading it throughout the home, and the hvac ducts must be cleaned or replaced to get the home mold free. i know of many people in this area and it is a common practice for the insurance co. to pay for this included in the repairs. state farm refuses to clean or replace stating it is a maintanence item. i am not trying to make money off of this deal, i do not want to be one of the people responsible for insurance rates to rise. i just want my home safe to rent out.
most people get a lot of money each month when this happens for living expenses, i am entitled but i cannot hire a lawyer to fight this. like i said the least they could do with $$$ they are saving is fix my home. i also have never had a previous claim.

HomeGuru

leisha leaver said:
What is the name of your state? Tx.
i have a home that has stacyboctrys and clutonium the 2 most dangerous molds found. i had just remarried and was in the process of moving in with my husband when we found the mold.
i tried to use bleach and avoid a claim but quickly realized it was not just mold. i filed a claim with state farm. the mold was caused by a leak in the ac drain pan that was in the attic. i was told up front i am not entitltled to any living expenses like most people get. though i do not agree with it i went on with the process. the home was tested by a professional inspector to see what type of mold i had and how contaminated the home is. the report states the facts, and contributes the air conditioner ducts and system are responsible for spreading it throughout the home, and the hvac ducts must be cleaned or replaced to get the home mold free. i know of many people in this area and it is a common practice for the insurance co. to pay for this included in the repairs. state farm refuses to clean or replace stating it is a maintanence item. i am not trying to make money off of this deal, i do not want to be one of the people responsible for insurance rates to rise. i just want my home safe to rent out.
most people get a lot of money each month when this happens for living expenses, i am entitled but i cannot hire a lawyer to fight this. like i said the least they could do with $$$ they are saving is fix my home. i also have never had a previous claim.

**A: contact your local chapter of the Assocation for Trial Lawyers of America. You have a good case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">