• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traditional IRA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?CO

I would like to purchase a traditional IRA. My husband is covered by a pension plan at his work. I have been working at a temp job for the last six months. It appears we meet the AGI guidelines for me to qualify for tax deductibility. Now my question is: if I am hired by the company where I was temping, say in October or November of this year, and there is a pension plan plus a 401(k) available to me then do I lose the ability to purchase a deductible traditional IRA for this year? Is it possible to prorate the amount I can put into an IRA for the portion of the year I was temping? Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Snipes5

You can have both an IRA and a 401K at the same time, to their maximums, provided you are within the AGI limitations.

Snipes

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">