• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traffic Hearing Officer Acted Like TV's Judge Judy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

... Quincy's responses and learn what tact, sensitivity, and professionalism look like.
I may have to print that ^ out on cards and hand the cards out when I am accused of being tactless, insensitive and less than professional. I’d need a separate stack just to hand out to my wife. ;)

I know some judges who are extremely patient and will tolerate the often-rambling defenses of pro-se litigants. I also know some judges who aren’t and won’t. That is why it can be important to know in advance what judge will be hearing your case so you can tailor your defense arguments accordingly.

I understand why you believe the ticket you received was unfair. It is possible you could have had the ticket dismissed if you had presented the facts differently. But you didn’t and it wasn’t and there appears to be little left but to pay the ticket and move on (moving on very carefully so you don’t risk another stop sign violation).

Good luck.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Thank you for your response. I guess I really did not understand the proceeding. I really thought I would have a chance to tell my side of the story. I stated that I had stopped initially to indicate to the judge that I had a vantage point to see the ticketing operation in effect. I thought that would establish the credibility of my later statements because only a fool would see cops out ticketing people and then blow through a stop sign right in front of them. I am not a fool. What I did not expect was to be yelled out in a hostile tone of voice from the judge and then be continually interrupted so that I could not present my side fully. In any event. Again thank you for your insight.
You are held to the same standard as if you were an attorney. Your idea of hostile may not have been hostile at all but rather just her normal tone. Judges don't like ancillary information. They want facts and only the facts that apply to the situation at hand.

rjames

Thank you, Ldij. I think this needs to be repeated again, bolder and larger, just in case the message isn't getting through to OP:

The first words out of your mouth should have been: "I stopped at the stop sign". The second words out of your mouth should have been: "I also stopped again due to confusion with my GPS".

Everything else was irrelevant and unnecessary.
Unimpressed by your arrogance, childishness, and what actually looks like sociopathy. In any event, you might want to read Quincy's responses and learn what tact, sensitivity, and professionalism look like.
Thank you, Ldij. I think this needs to be repeated again, bolder and larger, just in case the message isn't getting through to OP:

The first words out of your mouth should have been: "I stopped at the stop sign". The second words out of your mouth should have been: "I also stopped again due to confusion with my GPS".

Everything else was irrelevant and unnecessary.
You are held to the same standard as if you were an attorney. Your idea of hostile may not have been hostile at all but rather just her normal tone. Judges don't like ancillary information. They want facts and only the facts that apply to the situation at hand.
I hear you. I am a driver only partime
Thank you for your insight. I am a social worker by trade and pretty good at evaluating emotional states. Perhaps she felt that fighting a 164 dollar ticket in the midst of a pandemic was frivolous. Perhaps my lay person conduct bothered her. I do not know. What I do know is that she would continually interrupt me midsentence with her assumptive commentary, make unnecessary negative statements regarding my skill to film, and use a tone of voice that was hostile. Hard to describe her conduct with words. You had to be there to she how discourteous, rude, and hostile her conduct truly is. She probably is putting together a video c.v to pitch to television producers.

rjames

I may have to print that ^ out on cards and hand the cards out when I am accused of being tactless, insensitive and less than professional. I’d need a separate stack just to hand out to my wife. ;)

I know some judges who are extremely patient and will tolerate the often-rambling defenses of pro-se litigants. I also know some judges who aren’t and won’t. That is why it can be important to know in advance what judge will be hearing your case so you can tailor your defense arguments accordingly.

I understand why you believe the ticket you received was unfair. It is possible you could have had the ticket dismissed if you had presented the facts differently. But you didn’t and it wasn’t and there appears to be little left but to pay the ticket and move on (moving on very carefully so you don’t risk another stop sign violation).

Good luck.
Thank you!

Just Blue

Unimpressed by your arrogance, childishness, and what actually looks like sociopathy. In any event, you might want to read Quincy's responses and learn what tact, sensitivity, and professionalism look like.

I hear you. I am a driver only partime

Thank you for your insight. I am a social worker by trade and pretty good at evaluating emotional states. Perhaps she felt that fighting a 164 dollar ticket in the midst of a pandemic was frivolous. Perhaps my lay person conduct bothered her. I do not know. What I do know is that she would continually interrupt me midsentence with her assumptive commentary, make unnecessary negative statements regarding my skill to film, and use a tone of voice that was hostile. Hard to describe her conduct with words. You had to be there to she how discourteous, rude, and hostile her conduct truly is. She probably is putting together a video c.v to pitch to television producers.
Attempting to Dx a highly valued volunteer of this site as a sociopath because she pointed out a potentially large reason the Judge grew impatient with your testimony, is not only ridiculous but as a "social worker" it is unprofessional and well beyond the scope of your training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">