• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trailer Park Problems...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rich Appleton

What is the name of your state? Ca.
I am living with my mom in a trailer park (primarily seniors) and I have 2 problems.

#1. I parked on the side of my mom's trailer and the park owners son had my car towed. There are no signs anywhere stating no parking and no warning was given prior to towing my car. The only sign regarding parking in the park is at the entrance to the park and says: "Private Property No parking. Cars will be towed at owners expense." I am listed as a guest so I can park in the park. Is it legal to have a car towed without any posted signs?

#2. I received a handwritten note that said residents had complained my sweet German Shepard is a "vicious police dog that is scaring everyone in the trailer park." The strange thing is the mgr of the park knows my dog is not vicious and has even rolled around on the ground with him. He is a very gentle dog that barks and looks a little mean when I am walking him, he tries to run and sniff them but would never ever do anything to anyone. Most people know him and know he is gentle. They are claiming they have a petition signed by numerous people regarding my vicious police dog. What can I do about this?

Thank you.

HomeGuru

Rich Appleton said:
What is the name of your state? Ca.
I am living with my mom in a trailer park (primarily seniors) and I have 2 problems.

#1. I parked on the side of my mom's trailer and the park owners son had my car towed. There are no signs anywhere stating no parking and no warning was given prior to towing my car. The only sign regarding parking in the park is at the entrance to the park and says: "Private Property No parking. Cars will be towed at owners expense." I am listed as a guest so I can park in the park. Is it legal to have a car towed without any posted signs?

#2. I received a handwritten note that said residents had complained my sweet German Shepard is a "vicious police dog that is scaring everyone in the trailer park." The strange thing is the mgr of the park knows my dog is not vicious and has even rolled around on the ground with him. He is a very gentle dog that barks and looks a little mean when I am walking him, he tries to run and sniff them but would never ever do anything to anyone. Most people know him and know he is gentle. They are claiming they have a petition signed by numerous people regarding my vicious police dog. What can I do about this?

Thank you.
**A: what are the House Rules of the park with respect to items #1 & 2?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">