• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trailer purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The specs state that there is 6'6" of headrooom inside the unit. If the seller modified the sidewalls, it's possible that it's now shorter.

quincy

They are mounted to a bed. Flatbed, truck bed, flat trailer etc.
One photo shows the camper attaches on top of the sides of the bed rather than sitting flat in the bed of the truck. Depending on the truck, the height should vary. What am I missing?

The specs state that there is 6'6" of headrooom inside the unit. If the seller modified the sidewalls, it's possible that it's now shorter.
For what it is worth, these campers have been made since the 70s and they were not all made to the same specifications. The models have been consistent but they change this every so often.

I don't think he modified the sidewalls, and he stated he kept it factory.

I'm stuck with camper now, I can replace the existing vinyl and roof to correct it at a cost, it's just not what I agreed with the seller on.
One photo shows the camper attaches on top of the sides of the bed rather than sitting flat in the bed of the truck. Depending on the truck, the height should vary. What am I missing?
When the camper is "popped up", expanded, rised the interior height of the camper is constant it does not change. There are panels inside that fold into place.

Zigner

The specs on the CURRENT model state that the interior height is 6'6".

Does the unit have a floor, or does the bed of the truck act as the floor?

If the bed of the truck acts as the floor, then is there a gap between the end of the walls of the unit and the bed of the truck?

The specs on the CURRENT model state that the interior height is 6'6".

Does the unit have a floor, or does the bed of the truck act as the floor?

If the bed of the truck acts as the floor, then is there a gap between the end of the walls of the unit and the bed of the truck?
Yes, the camper sits flat on floor of the bed. Yes there is a gap between sidewall of truck.

Zigner

Yes, the camper sits flat on floor of the bed. Yes there is a gap between sidewall of truck.
A couple of things. Some models have a different height. Perhaps you actually got a different model. Also, it sounds like it's possible that the configuration of your truck is slightly different (or, are you replacing your current unit with this one?)

quincy

THAT is what I wanted to know. Thanks. If the camper is designed to sit on the floor of the bed, the height should be the same regardless of vehicle. If the camper is designed to sit on the truck bed’s sides, the height of the truck’s sides would make a difference in the height of the interior.

Whatever the case, I don’t see you have very good support for a refund, if that is what you were hoping for. As-is sales require more of a buyer because legal recourse is either limited or non-existent. Personal inspection is always recommended.

I agree with Zigner that the type of camper you purchased is nice. Perhaps if this one doesn’t work out for you, you can sell it and buy one with the specifications you want.

A couple of things. Some models have a different height. Perhaps you actually got a different model. Also, it sounds like it's possible that the configuration of your truck is slightly different (or, are you replacing your current unit with this one?)
The camper model is the same, the height difference is entirely possible that it's just a different factory height.

My gripe is that he did not measure it, I couldn't be there to measure it, and here I am now with a roof replacement in my future. I'm trying to make the best of it. He did not measure and the actual measurement is substantially different.

THAT is what I wanted to know. Thanks. If the camper is designed to sit on the floor of the bed, the height should be the same regardless of vehicle. If the camper is designed to sit on the truck bed’s sides, the height of the truck’s sides would make a difference in the height of the interior.

Whatever the case, I don’t see you have very good support for a refund, if that is what you were hoping for. As-is sales require more of a buyer because legal recourse is either limited or non-existent. Personal inspection is always recommended.

I agree with Zigner that the type of camper you purchased is nice. Perhaps if this one doesn’t work out for you, you can sell it and buy one with the specifications you want.
Thank you for your insight

PayrollHRGuy

The camper model is the same, the height difference is entirely possible that it's just a different factory height.

My gripe is that he did not measure it, I couldn't be there to measure it, and here I am now with a roof replacement in my future. I'm trying to make the best of it. He did not measure and the actual measurement is substantially different.
You didn't ask him to. You asked him,"I asked if the camper was going to be 6'6 or taller."

You didn't ask for the interior height.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">