• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Training Reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Minnie1212

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?Michigan

In 2006 I signed an employee reimbursement agreement in order to receive training needed to handle the employer's customers. The agreement was for 24 months and stated if I voluntarily terminated my employment I would reimburse them $1500 for the class. The agreement term is up on 11/3/08. The certification I received from the training class expires on 10/30/08 and is invalid beyond that date. I gave my resignation to the empoyer on 10/8/08 and they stated company policy was to immediately leave, which I did. The employee handbook states two weeks.
They are now trying to collect the full $1,500 even though 23 of the 24 months they benefited from the training I received to handle their customer base. Should we contact an attorney? Can they actually collect the full amount?

Last edited:

Beth3

You'll need to show the agreement you signed to a local attorney to find out if it's enforceable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">