• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trampoline Liability (hypothetical)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Rhode Island

Hello All!

I posted in the Neighbors forum a couple of weeks ago...about my neighbors from hell, who are moving, YAY! Anyway, now I have a question regarding landlord liability (I'm a landlord myself.) There are nine little kids having chicken fights on the trampoline (sitting on each other's shoulders) in the neighbors from hell yard. This leads me to my question: is the landlord liable if a child gets hurt over there? There are no safety devices on the thing, not even the basic edging that goes around the perimeter to prevent children from slipping through the space between the springs. Also, a friend of mine told me he had to get rid of his trampoline because his home owner's insurance would not reknew him if he had it, and he made it sound as if this is pretty common nowadays. So, assuming the renters have no insurance that would cover a trampoline accident, could an unhappy parent successfully come after the landlord for damages, perhaps because the landlord allowed the trampoline on his/her property?

Just curious, thanks for any comments or related anecdotes.

noisefrazzle

zippysgoddess

Well I am in Pa, not Rhode Island but I know our landlord just received notice about this from his insurance company, no tramplolines under any circumstances. They will not cover anything if one is placed on the propery and that he could be held liable in case of injury.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">