• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transfer of Property from Trust in California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ward1792

What documents are required for San Joaquin County, CA to transfer property from an irrevocable living trust to the only adult living beneficiary?

PayrollHRGuy

I doubt county regulations have much to say about the issue. And certainly not as much as the actual trust itself.

ward1792

State, or county, I need to know what documents need to be submitted to the county recorder. I believe it may be Preliminary Change of Ownership Report and a Quitclaim deed to change title from the Trust to the beneficiary, but I want to be sure. Especially with regards to potential documents which may trigger tax assessments. Since this is a transfer of title from the trust of parents who have passed away, to the beneficiary who is a daughter, I want to be sure to record and submit the correct document to avoid an increase in property taxes. The parents passed away three years ago and an Affidavit of Death of Trustee was submitted at that time. The beneficiary did not want to transfer the property at the time, but is now ready to do so, hence my question.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You would be wise to ask an attorney to assist with drafting the deed. You are correct about the preliminary change of ownership form for maintaining the prop 13 benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">