• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

transfer of title on deeds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
I have recently split up with my partner and both our names are on the deeds to the house. I am wanting to change the name on the deeds from joint names into my sole name. How do I go about doing this? I also need to know if I HAVE to have a solicitor to be able to do this?

I am living in the united kingdom and my home is also situated in mainland England.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential