• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transfer of units - not paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skatey

What is the name of your state? Delaware

Last year I transferred - with a written contract - some units of a startup to my ex co-founder, for the sum of $5.000. That sum has never been paid. The contract didn't set a specific date by when that should have happened.
As of today, who owns the units? Are they still mine, or does my ex co-founder own them, and can they sell/trade/do whatever they want with the units?
Can I set a deadline for the payment, or call the contract void?

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
Take the contract to a Delaware business attorney for advice on that. It is impossible to say what the situation is now without reading the exact language of the contract and seeing what all was done.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If the OP happens to be from Europe, that's the way that they would write 5,000.
I know that. But this is a US forum and the OP is talking about US dollars in a US state. I also know that the OP MEANT $5,000.00.

LdiJ

I know that. But this is a US forum and the OP is talking about US dollars in a US state. I also know that the OP MEANT $5,000.00.
I don't think that the OP would have picked up on what you were saying Zig. It was a bit cryptic.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">