• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transfer POA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mimsd

What is the name of your state? TX

My grandmother has dementia and is no longer competent to sign anything. Before this, she had signed over POA to my step-brother. My parents(her son) are now living with her to take care of her. They need to change it so that they have POA instead of my step-brother. My step-brother is willing to transfer the power to them but doesn't know how. I don't think they can do a revocation and signing of a new one because she is now incompetent. So what can be done?

I think the change would have to be in the form of a guardianship at this point, and done by the courts. At minimium this needs to be run by an Atty.

BlondiePB

freespeech said:
I think the change would have to be in the form of a guardianship at this point, and done by the courts.
Correct guardianship is required. POAs are not transferrable.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">