• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

transitional support modification?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


oregon kegler

What is the name of your state? oregon

I must pay transitional support of $500 monthly for four years for ex to get nursing degree. after 1 1/2 years ex decides to quit school and take up foster care and continue working as before. has no intention of transitioning to better paying job so why should i be forced to continue paying for transistion when it is not happening. can this be used as a modification. judges letter stated the reason for support was to get education.


Senior Member
Well, ya' know, if you file to terminate the support and you lose, are you going to be any worse off then you are right now? No. Do some research and learn how to file yourself....it's not really that hard if you take the time. However, I guess we both know she will go back the day after she is served with the papers. What a game. Hey, at least you have a light at the end of your tunnel. We hear at least a few times a week on this board where there was never a time limit set on the extra support $$.
Good Luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential